17" "11 macbook pro - university wifi connection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SOLLERBOY, Apr 22, 2011.

1. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

Hi, I'm a student at UCLAN in England. I've just finished my first year and have always connected to the wifi no problem with my "08 MB Unibody and iPad1. When I come to connect with my new pro it connects but no browser will load anything and then an exclamation mark appears in the airport logo and says no internet connection.

Does anyone know what this is? i've tried every work around I know and just can't get it to connect.

P.S. it keeps banging on about 802.11x, i don't know what that is.

thanks.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Your uni requires a 802.11x login (your IT username/password usually) to access wifi. Youll probably need IT to set it up for you.

Attached Files:

3. borisiii, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011

borisiii macrumors 6502

Sometimes just waiting a few minutes will solve the exclamation mark issue.

If you are getting 802.11x messages, it appears that you don't have a WPA2 Enterprise profile set up. The easiest solution is to click the '-' to forget the network, and then join it again. You should be prompted to enter login details (these will be the same you use to log on to uni computers etc.). You will not necessarily get an error if these details are wrong - it just won't connect - so be careful when you enter them. Once it is configured the screen that daneoni posted will look like this. If that still doesn't work I would contact computer services, and they should be able to sort it for you.

Attached Files:

4. SOLLERBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a