17" DLSD different battery?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hrududu, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Hello all! Can anyone verify whether or not the final 1.67GHz 17" Powerbook with the high res screen had a different model battery than the previous models? I know longer battery life was one of the things Apple touted when introduced, but I am struggling to find out whether or not the actual battery was slightly different. I need a new one for my PB, but I would hate to purchase the wrong thing. Any of you guys out there with the same Mac have some advice?

2. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

I'd say: Same battery.
    According to Everymac, both had a 58 W h battery, but you never know, they might be wrong :)

EDIT: Come to think of it, the only differences between the two, which conceivably have an affect on battery life are the revised LoBo (faster RAM) and the higher res display. To be able to get another hour out of the same battery with those changes seems optimistic...

RGDS,

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I've got the 1GHZ 17" and the 1.67GHZ DLSD 17". I can legitimately tell you that there seems to be no difference. When I got the DLSD I bought a new battery for it and put the old one in my 1Ghz where it is now.

I've swapped batteries between the two routinely and have not noticed any difference.

4. Hrududu thread starter macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Perfect, that is just what I was hoping to hear. The battery in my 17" is totally baked.