17" Early 2011 MBP Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calviin, May 15, 2012.

1. calviin macrumors regular

So I connect my MacBook Pro to my Dell U2410 monitor using a Moshi MiniDisplay Port to HDMI adaptor. If the lid is down, my Wi-Fi works no problem. But if the lid is up, and I use both of my screens, my internet doesn't work. But if I remove the HDMI adaptor, my WiFi works. Any possible solutions? Also, when I'm playing Diablo 3 on the internal screen, even at the lowest possible settings, I'm getting 20-30 fps max. That can't be normal. And yes, the discrete graphics card is on. Is this normal?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd take it in for a look by Apple. The external monitor issue definitely isn't normal.

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Agreed. Genius Bar is best bet. Not sure when early 2011's released but hope you still are under or have AppleCare. If so, no problem.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Feb 2011 so it is out of date for original warranty.
    But if he has AppleCare, it is a chance.

5. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I have the same issue, somewhat. I also have the Dell U2410 display too.

I have the same moshi HDMI adaptor for audio that I've never used since I bought it a couple years back cause it wouldnt work for my old macbook pro.

I have a late '11 macbook pro 2.5ghz quad, but I don't get any video with the moshi...

I downloaded gfxcardStatus after googling and I turned on discrete, but I didnt get anything with that unless I'm doing something wrong.

6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Try changing your router channel from the internal router settings page. I had the same problem. Mine was on 11, I then changed it to 6 and my wifi started working again as normal. It's quite an odd problem, but this fixed it for me!