17" i5 MBP - Battery Not Charging Issue Info

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AshStorm, May 14, 2010.

1. AshStorm macrumors member

Hello MR community!

Just throwing out my situation and resolution for any who encounter it (When I MRoogle'd it originally, I saw others ran into the same issue)

Specs: 17" i5 Glossy (Mid 2010) - MBP
    Issue: Battery Not Charging

Details:
    In short, with the power adapter plugged in, my MBP would still show as "BATTERY NOT CHARGING". The light on the adapter would stay green and not change to orange. While it wouldn't recharge the battery, it did provide enough "juice" for the MBP to run off of.

Some of the posts on this forum pointed to this being a faulty battery and to take it into the Apple store. In doing so, the helpful Genius diagnosed the problem as the Power Adapter being faulty, not the Battery.

Resolution:
    They provided me with a brand new power adapter right out of the box. In and out of the store within 15 mins.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Is this a post stating that you still have a problem, or just advice for the future?

3. AshStorm thread starter macrumors member

Yep! Just advice for others.

I'll try to clarify that better in my post. Thanks for pointing it out.

4. Pax macrumors 6502a

Excellent! I wish more people did this.
    Usually it is the other way round, we get to hear about the problem but never the solution.
    I have seen this problem before, now we know exactly the symptoms and solution.
    Thanks