17" i7 screen problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shardey, Aug 16, 2011.

1. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Every time I play music on battery, I usually turn my screen's brightness all the way off and encounter errors. My MBP is set to turn off the display after 5 minutes. The problem happens when the 5 minutes has passed and I try to press a key, move the trackpad, or click it will all do nothing. I try to increase the brightness but it does nothing. I close my lid and wait till it sleeps then when I wake it up the brightness will be set to however much I turned it up or down when the screen was black.

This has to be a software bug within Lion as when the original hard drive with SL on it didn't give me any problems. It is really pissing me off as I just spent $3000 on this laptop last friday.

2. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

3. clutchm3 macrumors regular

clutchm3

You could return it and complain? :confused:

4. shardey thread starter macrumors 6502a

shardey

Well yeah I am complaining about this, but I'm not the type that is completely idiotic to take something back for something like this.

My intentions were to see if I was the only one that this problem has occurred to. Also, I realize it probably is lion but Apple has already addressed a 93kb file for thunderbolt, so I wouldn't think it would take too much if this was a widespread problem.

I would like to see a similar rig with Lion try to reproduce this problem, as well as someone who has the same rig except still running snow leopard.

-Shaun

5. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

patch was just released :D