Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joesporleder

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
Kansas
Apple's USA Online Store too.

I just noticed this morning that the 20" iMac G5 is the only iMac G5 available at Apple Online USA.

Joe

bah-bah'd

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2006
got my new iMac G5 last week....

arrived friday, opened it sunday and called this moring to envoke the price protection for a $216 refund~!~

So happy I got the revision 3 G5 iMac before they sell out. This is going to be a stable computer for many years.

timswim78

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2006
Baltimore, MD
What's the point of Apple pulling the 17" iMac G5's? Won't they have a lot of inventory on their hands?

I'm guessing that the Intel G5 sales have been lackluster, so this is a strategy to boost sales on the MacIntels.

What do you think?

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
timswim78 said:
What's the point of Apple pulling the 17" iMac G5's? Won't they have a lot of inventory on their hands?

I'm guessing that the Intel G5 sales have been lackluster, so this is a strategy to boost sales on the MacIntels.

What do you think?

everyone else thinks that they've sold out. if they reduced the price, and now they're gone, that's probably the reason.

correct me if i'm wrong, but apple don't keep much stock of computers. they match and manufacture them just ahead of orders. if they knew the iMac intel was coming out - which i'm sure they did :rolleyes:, they probably stopped manufacturing the G5 models a little before the introduction of the new machines, so there would be as small an overlap as possible.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Lament for the iMac G5

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message iMac G5 Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

With apologies to WH Auden

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.