17" inch macbook pro...are these faults or normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tarky7, Dec 7, 2008.

1. tarky7 macrumors newbie

hey all, just got my bto 17" macbook pro with matte screen and after checking it out i'm just curious if the following are faults or just normal..

the screen makes a crackly sound when being opened and closed (not that big a deal but anyway, a bit annoying) is there any way to loosen the hinge?

also, when comparing the screen to my powerbook g4 the lcd doesn't sit flush with the screen casing. There is about a 1 mm gap all around and when you look down the lcd you can see a row of about 9 lights (see pic)...while with my old powerbook it was totally flush against it.
    am i worried about nothing or should i return it?

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I think you should...Just in case it doesn't get any worse. Just return it and get a replace..

3. kolax macrumors G3

The screen should be right up against the rim - I can mimmic your screen issue by pushing my screen away from the edge.

I'd get in touch with Apple just in case it develops into an actual problem.

4. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

i have a 17" as well...
    my lcd does sit properly.
    id definitely take your complaint up with apple.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's the least you may have to worry about..., but let's me optimistic and say if you take care of it, you won't any more issues.