17 inch MBP - who still has one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Galacticos, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

Unfortunately even if Apple brought back the 17 inch Mbp, it would probably start with 2gb of ram and a 64gb flash drive and getting either of those much less the processor up to where you want them would probably be a few extra thousand on top. Tim cooks signature

2. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Flying over the rainforest at dawn - Priceless
    Totally agree Apple`s only about the money these days not the product or customer, hence Tim & CO is not seeing any of my $$$$...

Q-6

3. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I couldn't care less if the products were at the same high standard they have been, and I'll have negative responses for saying this, but in my opinion quality has been slipping. The fact that it's all about share price is salt into the wounds haha

4. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Yep. It's awesome.

I'm dreaming of an 8-core, 17" (or even 16") MBP with a 3840x2400 screen.
    Actually, it's more of a nightmare, as I know it will never happen. :(

5. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

Still got my first-gen 2006 MBP, as much as I would love to see the return of the 17" it would definitely need to be much lighter and an edge-to-edge display or one with minimal bezel to reduce its form factor would also be a must as 17" MBP are HUGE lol!

6. KevinRightWing macrumors regular

2011 17 mbp here with 16gb ram. Just had logic board and battery replaced by Apple under the warranty program.

The one thing I need to do is put in the SSD, everyone raves about the Samsung, but if I am not a power user, can I get one of the lesser brands? Like the Sandisk 960gb? Would I notice a difference?

7. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

Only when running benchmarks.

8. tubeexperience macrumors 68040

You probably wouldn't notice any performance difference. I would be more concerned with reliability.

The name brands: Samsung, Micron/Crucial, SanDisk, Toshiba, Intel, SK Hynix are all fine.

9. groove-agent macrumors 65816

groove-agent

I miss my 17" MBP at times. The screen was great. However it was much too heavy to pack around for any length of time. It had to go in for repairs 4 times under applecare and asked them to replace it with a new 15" MBP which is a better balance of screen size and portability.