17 Inch Unibody Macbook Pros In Stores This Week!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stevieapollo, Feb 23, 2009.

1. stevieapollo macrumors member

Two apple stores confirmed that the 17 inch mbps have been shipped to stores. they are just waiting for the shipment to arrive and they will be available. im guessing when that happens the online store will change from 7-10 to 3-5 or maybe even 24 hours before they ship. I can't wait. i believe only the base model 2.66 gl screen will be in stores at first.

*apollo*

2. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

As of Monday afternoon, San Francisco's main (Stockton Street) store had two models on display instore, and one in their window display.
    There is also one on display at the San Francisco Chestnut Street store.
    All were glossy.
    However, neither store had any for sale.

3. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

i hope this means they will also carry the 2.93ghz model for sale as well!

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I gave up on Apple stores last week, after waiting since they first announced these. Ended up ordering online and already received it. Good to hear they're finally popping up in stores though. :)

5. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    I can report from Norway:
    No 17" in store yet. Only a few base models will be sold. No anti-glare options fra store, nor solid state or 2.93 ghz prosessor.

6. decsramble macrumors newbie

In the Republic of Ireland we dont have an Apple Store but we have several Apple Resellers and on Saturday they didnt know when they would get the new 17" machines in but based of their past experience it will be 1 1/2 weeks after they go on sale in the American stores.

As a word of warning one reseller tried to sell me an old 17" model as new. They had even updated some of the specs on the price sheets but did not have the machine on display which made me suspicious. When they brought out the box I realised it was the old one. I dont know if the staff were confused or if they were trying to sell off old stock before new stock arrives and were hoping no one would notice. Either way I wont be going back there.