17" LED backlight - doubtful?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rezonat0r, Feb 12, 2008.

1. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

I was looking forward to the MBP update, specifically for the 17" to join all the rest in the LED backlight glory. I don't want a new machine with an 'old' screen.

I cannot find a single 17" notebook currently available with LED. Can anyone else? Methinks it would be unusual for Apple to be the first in this regard; they certainly were not the first with 15" or 13" LED displays. One can hope, but unfortunately I'm doubtful right now.

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

i don't think there's any right now. perhaps the technology is still in development or it is too difficult/costly to produce a 17" LED back-lit screen. just my 2cents.

3. Zeos macrumors 6502

Very doubtful. Is there a single laptop with a 17" LED on the market?

4. rezonat0r thread starter macrumors 6502

The answer is no. You heard it here first folks : )

No LED on 17" this time around :(

5. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Never say never! Don't crush my hopes and dreams. I want a 17" LED backlit montevina MBP by the end of June!!!

6. Fezzasus macrumors regular

You think it would be strange for apple to be the first to release a 17" LED backlit display, yet they have been known to have custom spec processors from intel.

It's certainly possible for them to have the 17" LED backlit screens made, however the cost will be prohibitive. It's probably one of the many reasons the Macbook Pro update is being delayed.