17" Macbook Pro - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gazfocus, Aug 31, 2008.

  1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

    gazfocus

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #1
    Ok so I have been looking at 2nd hand 15" Macbook Pro's (just out of interest) but I have come across a brand new and sealed 17" 2.5GHz MBP for £1300. Now I know this is a good price because the 15" base model is £1299 but is it worth going for this or should I just wait until the MBP's are updated?
     
  2. iStress macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    #2
    When does the deal end? I don't think anything radical is going to happen to the new MBPs; maybe a redesign, better battery life and new processors? It really comes down to what you use the MBP for, if you really need a 17" then that price sounds sweet. But if it's NOT a necessity then you may want to wait for the new 15" MBPs.
     
  3. the Helix macrumors regular

    the Helix

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2003
    #3

    What? You still haven't purchased it yet?! That price is a steal. I bought a refurbished one for $3,000.00 USD (£1650.).
     
  4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

    mobilehaathi

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Location:
    The Anthropocene
    #4
    Amazing deal...almost too amazing. If you are sure it is not a scan, then do it.
     
  5. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    #5
    Go for it, with my sisters employee discount I'm getting a the 15" 2.5 plus 512 Vram with apple care for £1258!
     
  6. CWallace macrumors 603

    CWallace

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #6
    There will be a new 17" MBP coming within the next 30-60 days, but it will most likely be the same price as the current model so you'd be spending a great deal more.
     

Share This Page