17" MacBook Pro Cooling Pad???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sprime1, Feb 25, 2008.

1. sprime1 macrumors member

Anyone have any recommendations for a 17" MacBook Pro Cooling Pad? When I play games and do hardcore rendering and 3d modeling, my laptop gets pretty hot. Right now I have a portable fan just blowing onto my computer keeping it a little cooler, but it looks hideous and i'm looking for a better, more presentable solution. thanks!

2. sprime1 thread starter macrumors member

right now my laptop is elevated off my desk with some pieces of 2x2 wood, similar to what that linked device does, though it helps some, i'm looking for something that elevates my laptop, as well as circulate air, and/or blow air on the laptop.

3. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I would throw in a second for the iLap - I have one for my 15" MBP and it does a heck of a job, plus it really makes it comfortable to use the MBP in just about any situation.

I looked at some of the goofy USB-powered fan things, but everything I looked at was really cheesy as far as design or poorly made. Not to mention you've got a cable drawing power from the notebook, the hassle of cables, and the noise of the fans.

I was leery about spending $50 for a piece of aluminum and a couple of covered pads, but it's very well designed and built, IMHO. I would definitely buy another if I needed it.

MacDann