17" macbook pro keeps charging even though its fully charged

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Sep 26, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Anyone else having this little issue? For some reason lately the macbook pro keeps charging even though it is fully charged with 15 minutes left charging. I reseted the pram and everything and the magsafe keeps showing green and then back to orange with 15 minutes of charging left (even though its supposed to be full).

I'm draining the battery right now to see if I can recharge it back up to see if the problem persists.

2. spongenz macrumors newbie

yes!!!!

YESS!!!! sorry to start this thread up again, but i am having the exact same problem! charger keeps on charging. Battery is 100% but light stays orange never turns green, i have a feeling it is overcharging as when i take it off charger it stays at 100 for a good 10 minutes of use. Im guessing this isnt normal? I have a late 2011 mbp 13"

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This thread is 2 years old, but it needs to be addressed. First, your Mac will not continue charging when it is full. It cannot overcharge. If the light doesn't change right away, that doesn't mean it's charging a full battery. Either your battery isn't completely charged, despite what the reading says, or it has stopped charging but the light hasn't changed yet.

Also, the OP mentioned resetting PRAM/NVRAM. PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with battery/power/charging issues. Resetting it will not help. Only resetting the SMC addresses such issues.
    This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: