17" Macbook Pro likely be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hayzen, May 24, 2009.

1. hayzen macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Do you think the 17" Macbook Pro will likely be upgraded or changed when WWDC happens? If so, would this new MBP version be available for sale right away or usually a few months after they announce the changes?

I ask because I plan to buy a Macbook Pro and not sure whether I should wait until WWDC first or just buy one now.

Thanks!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Aboo macrumors 6502a

I agree, considering that the uMBP 17" only began shipping February, I don't anticipate any major upgrades to the line, other than perhaps a small processor bump. That too, I believe will only happen if the 15" MBP gets a spec bump. After all, Apple needs to create a divide between the MBP offerings.

4. hayzen thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it still wise to wait until WWDC in case Snow Leopard is released then which would mean I won't need to spend extra money to buy Snow Leopard because it'll come pre-installed?

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

We have no idea a) how much you need a new computer and b) when SL will be released anyways. If not having a new machine is hurting you, then buy it now. If you can afford to wait, wait.

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....10.6 will *not* be released at WWDC. It is *possible* that they may announce when it will be released but even that is not certain by any means...oh yeah!

7. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Doubt Snow Leopard will come out at WWDC. September or October would be more likely. There is a chance of a bump around WWDC (maybe not during WWDC but you never know), of a slightly faster processor (2.8 GHz, BTO 3.06 GHz) and maybe a slightly newer graphics card (GT 130M), but that's about it.