17" Macbook Pro Update Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Johntomk, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Johntomk macrumors newbie

I'm currently saving my money to get a 17" MBP. I probably won't have enough until August or so. Does anyone know when they will do the next major upgrade? Will it be with the rest of the MBP's or will it be seperate like they did this last time? Will it be the same time or around January again?

2. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

They'll probably update it in October or November if history is any guide. If you've got the money in August it may be worth it to wait two more months to see what happens.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

˙ɐʞɔns 'ʇsnƃnɐ uı ʇı ʎnq noʎ ɹǝʇɟɐ ʎɐp ǝɥʇ ǝpɐɹƃdn ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ʎǝɥʇ

4. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

What that means is you don't spend hours each day on this forum (assuming you have other things to occupy your time). For those that live on this forum, they are fully aware of each time this question has been asked.

Searching through the forums (with the search funtion) sucks IMO...try using mroogle to search, it works pretty well and is relatively quick.

5. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

Dude, I gave him a perfectly fine answer, I was just amused by his font choice. Calm down.

6. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I agree. I'd imagine that they may bump up the specifications in August / September for the back to school program. That is just a guess, however.

7. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Actually, what usually happens is they bump the specs after the back to school program. The back to school thing is just a way for them to clear stock of old products.

Take last year for example, Apple cleared out lots of white MacBooks and MacBook Pros before the unibody's came out. They also cleared out lots of the old 1G touches and fatty nanos. The new 2G touch and 4G iPod nano came out towards the end of the promotion.

8. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

You're right I just checked the MacRumors Buyer's Guide.

The MBP's seem to be usually updated in October or failing that February.

http://www.macrumors.com/members/buyersguide/#Portable_Macs

9. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

Point taken

10. pprior macrumors 65816

Ummm, how did you do that?

11. magamo macrumors 6502

˙uʍop ǝpısdn ʇxǝʇ ɹnoʎ ǝʞɐɯ ʇɐɥʇ sǝʇısqǝʍ ɟo ʇol ɐ ǝɹɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ ˙ʇxǝʇdılɟ ǝlƃooƃ

12. pprior macrumors 65816

¡sʞuɐɥʇ .ǝpnp 'buoɹʍ os sı ʇɐɥʇ :D

13. iMacmatician macrumors 601

I think either in the next few months (although that wouldn't be a "major" update) or late this year with Clarksfield, if Apple chooses that route.