17" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macfreak86, Dec 31, 2008.

1. macfreak86 macrumors newbie

When Apple releases the 17" macbook pro in the new model, does anyone know if the superdrive will be in the front like the current model? Do you think the setup will be like the current model with the ports on both sides?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It'll be on the side like the current unibody.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

how do you know?:rolleyes:

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

*slightly-overly-emphatic syllabic separation* Well, it-'d just be sil-ly oth-er-wise, now would-n't it? :D

5. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It's pretty obvious. I mean since the 15" MBP is on the side then no doubt the 17" is also the same..If not then it's kind of awkward I'd say...

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

If the 17" Unibody doesn't come out at macworld in a few days in going to go insane! :p Mac have a tendancy to keep ranges the same so its more than likely the superdrive will be in the side.

7. infernohellion macrumors 6502

Same here mate cannot wait... been saving money for that October MBP update... now I have twice the money needed for the 17" w/o any option. I'd max out my machine this time.

8. detz macrumors 65816

I've been waiting for a long time...I might have to break down and get the 15" if they don't announce the 17". :-(

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I'll break down and get the 15" version too, just maxed out! Its getting a bit silly really, to the point where if it doesnt come out this Macworld Apple's going to start loosing money from people trading down.

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I would imagine that the upcoming 17" MacBook Pro will have the SuperDrive on the side like the current 15" unibody MacBook Pro does. :)

11. infernohellion macrumors 6502

Same here.

Yeah, I would say it would be on the right just like all other MBPs.

I think this was the problem. Remember when they said they had the problem with the screen and the optical drive on the 17" and that's why they couldn't release it in the last October.

The problem with the optical drive was: where should they put it... LOL.

12. Will_reed macrumors 6502

Will_reed

I'm going to put my money on it being in the front, mostly because I want it on the front.
    Thought it is possible that the only reason they had it in the front in the first place is to have support for your palms... I just like front loading.

13. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

14. infernohellion macrumors 6502

Hoping for the front as well. That means I don't have to move my mousepad away from the side when I want to put my disc in/eject it out.