17" MacBook Pros costing Canadian users near $10,000

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Doju, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

http://www.apple.com/ca/mac/whichmacbook/

Oh my, I was planning to buy one, but unfortunately it's out of the question with that price tag. :(

2. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

No, really?

Because I thought a two inch larger screen was worth four times the 15" inch screen.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No need for that, no where in you post did you indicate you knew it was wrong.

4. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

While normally, sarcasm cannot be seen through plain text, applying a bit of logic can lead to the contrary.

Perhaps Arn can introduce [sarcasm] tags. I can see it fixing problems such as this.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Which is why I posted a link. Believe it or not, there are people out there that would seriously post that, thinking it was true. Easiest to point out the error right away.

6. DirtyDan macrumors member

It costs so much more because it comes with the breakthrough 8 hour battery, and the last generation track pad (that costs extra because most of the new laptops come with the new track pad). :rolleyes:

The track pad is the whole reason I went with a 15" instead of 17", if they had a 17" with the badass new track pad I probably would have bought it, but it's still a lot more money for a longer lasting battery and a slightly bigger screen.

And even as light and thin as it is 17" is still a big laptop. I think 15" is perfect for me. :cool::apple:

7. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well seeing as we constantly see posts here about how users from other countries get screwed on pricing, why would one naturally assume it was sarcasm?