Price Advice 17" MacBookPro 6,1

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thatoneguy82, Jun 20, 2012.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

So, I'm thinking about getting the new RMBP but just wanted to see first how much I could get for this machine. I try to upgrade every 3 years, especially since that's how long AC lasts anyway and the one this expires May 2013.

Besides the stock specs of the 17" MBP6,1 which Mid-2010, I've upgraded and will sell it as such. I will also include the original hardware in case AC service is needed (RAM, HD, SuperDrive in enclosure). I have upgraded to 256GB SSD and a 500GB 7200rpm SSD/HDD hybrid in the optibay. Also, 8GB of RAM. Everything else is pretty standard.

Any ideas?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

So, it looks like I can get around $2000, maybe $2100 if I sell as is. Not bad, didn't realize the SSD added that much of a value. I'm guessing including the remaining AC and original hardware may make it more enticing as well.