17 MBP Antiglare looks great. Except for the black keys

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sparkie7, Feb 25, 2009.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Apple should release a CTO option with silver keys, or grey version of the black hideous chicklet keys. The black keyboard in an otherwise sea of silver just looks out of place

2. amrk47 macrumors regular

you have no sense of taste or style

3. Hack On Wheels macrumors newbie

Oh yes, heaven forbid someone questions the designers!

Last time I checked, as holy as the Macs are, freedom of speech was still a right.

4. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Actually I kinda agree with the OP from pictures I've seen. If Apple would have added a black bezel like on the glass ones, then it would definitely look much more "in place".

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Some people dont like change, im one of those people, but now ive got used to the black keys i much prefer them :) and the chiclet keyboard, once your used to it, is much much better to type on, i actually struggle to type on old style keyboards now because theyre so rubbish.

6. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I agree that the black keys look out of place with the silver bezel but if they decide to have a matte version on the 15 inch, I could care less what color the keys are...I will buy it.

7. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

I would love it if they used white keys :) There are mods out there on how to do it... but I'm sure it voids the warranty.

8. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

While I am indifferent to the black keys, I would love it if Apple anodized the entire aluminum unibody in black. I would buy a black aluminum MacBook Pro in a nanosecond!

9. harry454 macrumors 6502

10. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

You know as I stare at my new "Matte"Book Pro, and the black gasket around the silver bezel, Apple probably hasn't found an inexpensive way to anodize aluminum black. Otherwise, I think they probably would have made the silver frame around the anti glare display black — if only to keep the look of the notebook consistent with the glossy glass version.

11. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Yeh, white would look good. However, I read the key backlighting wouldnt work as the white key set is taken from the MBs which dont have that feature :rolleyes:

12. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

I might be wrong, but I'd be very surprised if the silver frame around the anti glare display was metal and not plastic.
    I used to think the silver keys on the previous generation MBP were metal until I realized otherwise.

13. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

The Nano and Classic iPods are black anodized, so I really don't see how that'd be a problem.

14. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

a thread where the argument is about the color of keys...................nice

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/10.0.010; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I don't think black keys look bad with the silver bezel on the MBA. I think it looks great. However, I don't think the 17" MBP looks good with it because it's so large that the keyboard always looks disproportionately small. The black keys simply do not help. Perhaps it would look good on the 15" MBP.

16. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I don't like the look of the black keys, but they backlighting definitely works better with the blacks than the silver ones.

17. California macrumors 68040

California

Apple's designer, Ive, is going back to the industrial look of his original Titanium Powerbook of nine years ago with the black keys.

And the Titanium of course referred back to the 1960's Braun designs, which in turn referred back to the classic Modernism of the best industrial designers of the day.

Ive's infatuation with Braun is well known. Braun's reference back to design concepts of the Bauhaus onward is well known. Ive is the pre eminent industrial designer of our day, and his G4 Cube deserves its spot in the Modern Museum of Art, as does his iMac G3, his iPod, his Tibook etc.

I think the Al. mb, and mbp's are very beautiful works of form and function. The Titanium also had a silver bezel with black keys. Sort of reminds you of an typewriter.

I looked at my MB the other day, closed. It really is a thing of beauty. Except for the no firewire of course.