17" MBP now comes standard with glossy screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by natebookpro, Oct 15, 2008.

1. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I was just playing on the online store and went to make a custom 17" mbp and noticed that the glossy screen is now standard. Now I could be wrong, but I feel like it used to be matte was standarda and glossy was optional. Just thought it was interesting...

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you searched, you would have seen that I already mentioned this.

3. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did search, and then I searched again when you wrote that. Not that Im doubting you did write something about it, but If I want to say something Im going to. I really dont need the attitude, Im not writing about or asking something thats been discussed a 1000 times. I just didnt scour through every post to make sure it hadnt been brought up at some point by someone else. Get over yourself. Thanks.

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

LOL... The newbie is telling you to get over yourself alphaod :D

Sounds like a troll to me

5. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not really... Ive been an avid mac user and macrumors reader for about 5 years now, just never posted. Anyways just wanted to share some information that I noticed.

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

so which you prefer? glossy or matte?

7. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Okay, I rarely come in to defend someone but this seems necessary.

For the sake of argument, I did a quick search and could not find such a post either. I couldn't find it using any keywords I would think of that would work ("17 glossy," "17 screen," etc just in this forum), and even by searching for posts just by him, I couldn't find it quickly. While I'm sure it DOES exist there is no way I'm about to go through and look at every single one of alphaod's posts.

Point being, UltraNEO*, if someone comes presenting something they found, and someone just quickly says essentially "I already said that, you would've known if you checked" and then the person is offended because they were short with them, especially if they had searched, I completely fail to see how that's them being a troll. Especially when his post was as respective as possible, with "Not that Im doubting you did write something about it."

Seemed more than a little unnecessary to me.

8. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

QFT.

So it's actually no longer possible to get a Matte 17" MBP?

10. Shivetya macrumors 65816

No, sounds like some people need to get over themselves.

If the first replier instead linked to his post instead of copped an attitude the conversation would have been much better than it turned out. A large number of posts does not denote knowledge, intelligence, let alone a presumption of being right

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

If you go to the Apple web site, under the store, you can see where it is still possible to order a Matte, or as Apple calls it, an Antiglare Widescreen display.

It's just that the default is glossy instead of matte like it used to be.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes I'm sorry I should have linked it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=6418472&postcount=7

13. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I'm pretty sure people know where the Apple site is and how to do BTO options? Maybe if they go there first and check, they might discover something... Instead like so many others they come running into a forum yelling fire, fire, fire!!

14. Knolly macrumors 6502a

...I'm not even sure that was a response to what I said.

The OP was sharing a piece of information the he noticed. While it may be trivial to some, at least it is, in fact, information, rather than one of a brazillian threads complaining about the screen on the 15" not coming in matte anymore, or the lack of firewire 400, etc.