17" MBP review

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by donbadman, Jun 18, 2009.

1. donbadman macrumors regular

This is hands down the best designed, constructed and well thought out computer I've ever owned. :D

2. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

Hell of a review!

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congrats on your purchase

Now... make sure you set up Time Machine or some other backup plan! ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nice review - next time please cut down your post to a manageable size :p

5. ///M5 macrumors 6502

Your review was so good that it almost made me buy another 17"er. :rolleyes:

6. BinfordsTool macrumors member

Question for ya, mine was just shipped and (coincidentally) wil be arriving on my birthday. On the white macbook I have now I do time machine via an attached old 250gb hard drive I had.

Now, with the uMBP 17 having a 500 gb, I know I need more space for a backup drive. Any suggestions? I'd like to make use of my firewire port if possible...

7. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Great advice. I now have to get another drive since my old drive isn't as large as the internal one with the new 17" MBP :cool: People only think of things like this after something goes wrong and not prior. Good to be proactive and not reactive with certain things…

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Speaking of reviews - has anyone actually seen one for the 17" mid 2009 model specifically? Seems even the Engadget review of the trio of MBPs skipped teh 17".

9. LedCop macrumors regular

LedCop

Maybe it isn't different enough to be worth a review? I think it's essentially the same machine as the MacWorld one just with a faster processor and bigger hard disk. So a review of the MacWorld 17" should still be valid; just ignore the parts where it says the processor is not fast enough or the hard disk is not the biggest in the market. :D

10. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Yea, faster by 0.13GHz. Essentially the same machine now with more BTO options.