17' MBP should be shipped out this week

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 123free, Jan 26, 2009.

1. 123free macrumors member

The first two week, all the shipping dates are: order date + 4 weeks.
    Since last Friday, all the shipping dates are: order date + 10 days. (if you order today, apple will tell you the shipping dates are: Jan 27th + 10 days= Feb. 10th. )
    So, That means Apple will take care the orders of the first two weeks in 10 days. Thus, the conclusion: If you placed your order in first two weeks, your order will be shipped out by the end of this week. ---I will put money on this.:)

2. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

Hopefully, that would be awesome to get it quicker! My shipping is 9th Feb, estimated delivery is 18th Feb! I ordered on 10th Jan.

3. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Wow! That's a HUGE MacBook Pro! Any word on the screen resolution for that bad boy? Will it finally have a number pad? Seems like there'd be plenty of room!

4. detz macrumors 65816

I hope the change the dates but if they do I hope they email me and let me know instead of just shipping it early.

5. dannomac macrumors member

1920x1200, no numpad. Lots of room, though. Right there on Apple's website.

6. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Wow, those will be HUGE icons then. Too bad about the number pad, though with the amount of space you're going to have to sit back from this thing, you're probably better off using an external keyboard anyways. Hope it's not too top heavy...

EDIT: In case it's not obvious, the topic is about a 17-FOOT MacBook Pro, not a 17-inch.

7. dannomac macrumors member

See, this is why the USA needs to get with the times and use sensible units. I didn't catch that because I never use feet and inches for anything other than monitor and tv sizes.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Yes, but 17m is ridiculous for a even a desktop replacement, and 17mm is ridiculous for a netbook.

9. dannomac macrumors member

:)

There are units between m and mm, though. Nothing wrong with advertising a 43cm MacBook Pro. I guess to an American it might sound funny, though.

10. 123free thread starter macrumors member

take it easy, the 'shift' key of my macbook pro did not work well....:)

11. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

Probably 'cause it's so far away on the 15-17' keyboard! :)

12. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Yeah, they really need more than 3 USB ports and need to put them in the front so I don't have to use 20ft USB Extension cables.