17" MBP Speakers, Screen & SuperDrive issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RX64MACBOOKPRO, Mar 29, 2009.

1. RX64MACBOOKPRO macrumors member

RX64MACBOOKPRO

over the past week, after the graphic issue was resolved I encontered some annoyances that became issues:

-my speakers rattle like crazy which muffles and obliterate the sound quality when playing videos on youtube, or listening on itunes, or editing a video in final cut pro! the system volume level is 8/16....
    the mac bong startup sound rattles it...

as usual the popping noises gets worse when playing streams of audio files in final cut pro....

-there's a terrible light bleed, crappy viewing angles and stale colors ( I prefer the warmer 9c99)

-and finally, my superdrive went south after failing to burn 5 dvd+r dl properly and they are verbatim burned at the lowest speed

so how should I convince my applecare rep to do a exchange? I'm within my 14 day policy...

If I do get to exchange it at a apple store, which build week should I get? I have a week 11 and wondering about a week 10 or 12?

2. freethinker macrumors newbie

same issues

I've got the same light bleed issues wit all three unibody MacBook Pro 17-inch antiglare i had so far (original + 1st and 2nd replacement units)

please check my thred:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=662049

Since I am on my 3rd unibody MBP 17-inch with antiglare screen option (2nd replacement) , I honestly do not think that swapping it out with another will actually resolve the issue.

I noticed when laptop is cold - the light bleed issue less obvious but still screen too far from the perfection and still there is lack of color accuracy and pinkish/reddish tint at a certain angles that causes the the colors to be saturated towards a more of a purplish look + constant slight flickering effect that actually tires out the eyes

on top of this all I've got DEAD PIXELS on my 2nd replacement unit's screen (3rd MacBook Pro 17-inch antiglare unit I had so far)

I don't want to exchange for another unit with the same problems anymore but at the same time I need 17-inch MacBook Pro for my projects and just before buying unibody MBP17" - got rid of my previous generation of MBP17" with PERFECT LED ANTIGLARE/MATTE DISPLAY :(

P.S. I have updated link to my PicasaWebAlbum + uploaded new photos for all three units I had so far (original + 1st and 2nd replacement) + uploaded MacBookPro17_DisplayTest_Black_1920x1200_300dpi.jpg file I use to test display quality (you all are welcome to download this file in its full resolution using Picasa "Download" menu above image preview).

http://picasaweb.google.com/freelancer.by/MyUnibodyMacBookPro17Inch?authkey=Gv1sRgCNnWzdax-cGeggE#

I've left some comments in similar thread on Apple Discussions forum: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1923032&tstart=0