17" SR MBP - trackpad, battery and flicker issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by galstaph, Mar 26, 2009.

1. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

So anyone else have this issue?
    My trackpad button just stopped clicking today.... feels like it is grounded on the computer and won't pop up. (actually just started working better)
    The computer is
    Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 17" Santa Rosa (High Res)
    also of note, my battery started to bulge in the last few weeks (a few mm), I'm only at 107 cycles and 64% (wtf? so soon) health according to istat, system profiler says check battery... sounds ominus....
    As to the flicker, it might just be the backlight warming up but, the display flickers under lower levels (sometimes at full), it doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally, maybe I'm to critical, or is this the 8600's fault??

I'm thinking I need to schedule a genius appt. for the battery at least. Does anyone know if the guys in Calgary are fast? (Or in general are the geniuses fast).
    I use my lappy for schoolwork and while my new mac pro can do everything, it isn't the most portable machine in the world (who would want to lug 41+ lbs around)
    Any ideas, thoughts?

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

have you tried all the quick fixes. ie resetting pram, checking updates, and such. there is only so much that you can do. if all that fails take it in. and rely on your trusty iBook i saw in your signature.