Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I've been getting a weird noise from the central part of the hinge for the past few days, like it's scraping against something but I didn't let it bother me. Today the right hand side of the hinge makes a loud clicking noise, which normally happens about 2 inches before it's at it's full opened position. The noise sometimes occurs further along the hinge too, it's hard to explain really.

I have had it for about 3 months, and I only got the 3 years HE extended warranty, if I call applecare tomorrow, will they charge me for the call as it has past 90 days ?

I purchased it via telesales,

Anyone has success with a instant replacement ? I don't want to wait ages for a repair :p

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Now it seems to be across the whole hinge, but only a loud click towards the right hand side...

If it got sent in and it didn't click, what would they do, I mean I can't guarantee that it will always make that noise.

yxiong

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2009
My 2-week old 17'' MBP does that too. I'm also trying no to be bothered. This has been discussed a few times in the forum, but seems there is no good solution.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I called applecare today, and they said that I need to take it into a apple store to get it repaired. I told them that the nearest store is over 2 hours away and he sort of just said ' oh '. Then I said ' so it's definetley a repair not a replacement :eek:' he said ' yes '.

Should I travel 2 hours away to get it repaired, or just live with it ?

Has anyone has a good turn around with mail-in repairs ?

For some reason I don't trust ANYONE with my Mac, I don't let anyone touch it so I'm a bit worried what might happen to it if I send it away

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.