Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I use Final Cut Pro X with various plugins from FCPEffects, which have all worked wonderfully well, giving really professional looking results:

FCPEffects.com

I'm also keen to explore other plugins - do you have any recommended places where plugins are available?? Not sure what Im after until I see it!

EDIT:
Some discount codes!!

55% off any order with code: NABSHOW55
65% off orders over $49: NABSHOW65
70% off orders over $99: NABSHOW70
75% off orders over $249: NABSHOW75
80% off orders over $549: NABSHOW80

I think these expire April 14th - so go grab anything you need at discount now!

Last edited:

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
the best plugins for fcpx, i've used so far:

-neat video (for video noise reduction)
-izotope RX (for audio noise reduction - a bit on the expensive side)
-magic bullet looks

nice toys:
- crumple pop noir moderne
- magic bullet quick looks

useful:
a lot of alex4d's free plugins

and there's always apple's motion, which could be considered a quite sophisticated fcpx plugin (-generator).

i was never to happy with plugins like crumple pop's finisher, skin tone or magic bullet mojo - imho they do nothin you can't do in fcpx without plugins (or can do even better in the free "da vinci resolve lite", if you've got the time), their presets usually work only with suitable lit footage, and they obfuscate what they do by giving their controls strange names (like "mojo")

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Now I have tons of useful plugins that I actually need to put into use! lol.

billhinge

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
I use Final Cut Pro X with various plugins from FCPEffects, which have all worked wonderfully well, giving really professional looking results:

FCPEffects.com

I'm also keen to explore other plugins - do you have any recommended places where plugins are available?? Not sure what Im after until I see it!

I guess you looked at Apple Motion 5, I'm also using mObject & MLogo http://www.motionvfx.com/ for FCPX and Motion 5

You can also use a free app like blender to create 3D models to import into mObject/Motion 5/FCPX

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Have you checked the site I mention din the first post?
They have a HDR plugin which may allow you to mess with colours a bit more to achieve what you want?

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Anyone thinking of purchasing the FCPX plugins linked to in the first post - check the first post again as Ive added some discount codes that Ive come across!!

Not sure if these will last very long - I think they expire on the 14th April - so go grab what you can! lol

floh

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
Anyone thinking of purchasing the FCPX plugins linked to in the first post - check the first post again as Ive added some discount codes that Ive come across!!

Actually, just a heads-up: FCPEffects.com almost always have some sort of discount running comparable to the one you posted. It is usually even spelled out on their homepage. :) So try not to pay full price there as I did for my first purchase, even if these exact codes have run out. ;)

Also, for plugins, I love everything motionVFX does:
http://www.motionvfx.com/

Their plugins aren't the cheapest, but the new mObject is nothing short of amazing, offering real 3D object positioning and lighting in FCPX. And you will not find a Lens Flare plugin even remotely comparable to mFlare. I know I sound like a salesman, but I have nothing to do with the company, I just really love their products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.