Final Cut Pro Plugins?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Ifti, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Ifti, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

Ifti macrumors 68000

I use Final Cut Pro X with various plugins from FCPEffects, which have all worked wonderfully well, giving really professional looking results:

FCPEffects.com

I'm also keen to explore other plugins - do you have any recommended places where plugins are available?? Not sure what Im after until I see it!

EDIT:
    Some discount codes!!

55% off any order with code: NABSHOW55
    65% off orders over $49: NABSHOW65
    70% off orders over $99: NABSHOW70
    75% off orders over $249: NABSHOW75
    80% off orders over $549: NABSHOW80

I think these expire April 14th - so go grab anything you need at discount now!

2. altarvic macrumors newbie

3. Unami macrumors 6502a

the best plugins for fcpx, i've used so far:

-neat video (for video noise reduction)
    -izotope RX (for audio noise reduction - a bit on the expensive side)
    -magic bullet looks

nice toys:
    - crumple pop noir moderne
    - magic bullet quick looks

useful:
    a lot of alex4d's free plugins

and there's always apple's motion, which could be considered a quite sophisticated fcpx plugin (-generator).

i was never to happy with plugins like crumple pop's finisher, skin tone or magic bullet mojo - imho they do nothin you can't do in fcpx without plugins (or can do even better in the free "da vinci resolve lite", if you've got the time), their presets usually work only with suitable lit footage, and they obfuscate what they do by giving their controls strange names (like "mojo")

4. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

5. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

Now I have tons of useful plugins that I actually need to put into use! lol.

6. nadaCoremelt macrumors newbie

7. billhinge macrumors newbie

I guess you looked at Apple Motion 5, I'm also using mObject & MLogo http://www.motionvfx.com/ for FCPX and Motion 5

You can also use a free app like blender to create 3D models to import into mObject/Motion 5/FCPX

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Does anyone know of a plugin that brings back the 3 way color corrector or one that has a built in eye dropper tool so I can bring back the old way of fixing the white balance issues.

Thanks,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHajxLjIsm8

9. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

Have you checked the site I mention din the first post?
    They have a HDR plugin which may allow you to mess with colours a bit more to achieve what you want?

10. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

Anyone thinking of purchasing the FCPX plugins linked to in the first post - check the first post again as Ive added some discount codes that Ive come across!!

Not sure if these will last very long - I think they expire on the 14th April - so go grab what you can! lol

11. hsilver macrumors regular

Noise Industries has a White Balancer plug-in to do what you are missing from 3Way CC

12. floh macrumors 6502

Actually, just a heads-up: FCPEffects.com almost always have some sort of discount running comparable to the one you posted. It is usually even spelled out on their homepage. :) So try not to pay full price there as I did for my first purchase, even if these exact codes have run out. ;)

Also, for plugins, I love everything motionVFX does:
    http://www.motionvfx.com/

Their plugins aren't the cheapest, but the new mObject is nothing short of amazing, offering real 3D object positioning and lighting in FCPX. And you will not find a Lens Flare plugin even remotely comparable to mFlare. I know I sound like a salesman, but I have nothing to do with the company, I just really love their products.