Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
First of all, do not bump your thread until at least 24 hours have passed. It's rude and if I'm not mistaken, a violation of forum rules.

Second, the answer to your question is subjective. If the game performs to your satisfaction, the settings are fine. If you feel it's not good enough, lower some of them and/or the resolution.

ilyasdesign37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
First of all, do not bump your thread until at least 24 hours have passed. It's rude and if I'm not mistaken, a violation of forum rules.

Second, the answer to your question is subjective. If the game performs to your satisfaction, the settings are fine. If you feel it's not good enough, lower some of them and/or the resolution.

sorry didn't know.....

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Batman Arkham Origins is an extremely well optimised game, so don't get surprised by the smooth framerate after you push all the settings to their highest.:)

ilyasdesign37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
Batman Arkham Origins is an extremely well optimised game, so don't get surprised by the smooth framerate after you push all the settings to their highest.:)

so you think my setting are too high?
thats why have fan noise issues when playing:(

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
I wouldn't call fan noise an issue by itself, to be honest. It's pretty normal for the fans to kick in when the iMac runs a 3d intensive application. As long as you are ok with the framerate and the gpu/cpu temperatures are within acceptable limits, it's all good.

ilyasdesign37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
I wouldn't call fan noise an issue by itself, to be honest. It's pretty normal for the fans to kick in when the iMac runs a 3d intensive application. As long as you are ok with the framerate and the gpu/cpu temperatures are within acceptable limits, it's all good.

that's my issue I don't know if it's right settings
if the fan noise takes over the game sound is that a serious issue?:confused:

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
that's my issue I don't know if it's right settings
if the fan noise takes over the game sound is that a serious issue?:confused:

What do you mean, the fan noise takes over the game sound? I don't see how the fans could be louder than your audio even at full speed, unless a fan is broken and is rattling or something.

But I'm inclined to believe that you're simply overthinking it. Your average FPS is good, and any modern 3D game will make your fans go at full speed. You don't need to worry about your computer getting too hot, as it manages that itself and will shut itself down in the very unlikely event it gets too hot.

ilyasdesign37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
What do you mean, the fan noise takes over the game sound? I don't see how the fans could be louder than your audio even at full speed, unless a fan is broken and is rattling or something.

But I'm inclined to believe that you're simply overthinking it. Your average FPS is good, and any modern 3D game will make your fans go at full speed. You don't need to worry about your computer getting too hot, as it manages that itself and will shut itself down in the very unlikely event it gets too hot.

back of my iMac gets very hot!
what is FPS?:confused:

ilyasdesign37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
I have, and fan noise is pretty much inevitable regardless of what Mac you own. They are not designed to be gaming powerhouses. If you wanted one, you should have built a traditional desktop PC.

someone told me this and also apple, would it make any differance if I installed
internal SSD on the iMac?

btw what graphic settings did you use for the game?

ilyasdesign37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
Doesn't matter. If you want to play games, you have two options: 1) Deal with fan noise on the Mac or 2) purchase or build a dedicated desktop that has better thermal management.

i might just upgrade the graphics to 780m

thanks for the advise!

it is ok to have mac fan control on windows?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
might able to upgrade at my local store if they do it

so you're under the impression that your local apple store will upgrade your imac non-upgradable gpu with another? I'm still confused with the purpose of this post. you want to play games and not have the fan on?

ilyasdesign37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
so you're under the impression that your local apple store will upgrade your imac non-upgradable gpu with another? I'm still confused with the purpose of this post. you want to play games and not have the fan on?

no i know now that the fan is part of gaming!

i thought you could upgrade the graphics card after purchase which apple say you can
but another apple reseller say you can't, only had first purchase!

i only done this post because I never done gaming before on iMac just wanted to know
other members experience that's all and advise!:D

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I didn't know you can upgrade GPU's on iMac's. Cool if true... It would drive me nuts if I couldn't upgrade GPU's, CPU, mobo, etc.. on my gaming rig. I prefer not to run fans on my on my CPU and GPU's. Fan noise is not part of my gaming.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.