Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
My watch connects fine, I can get apps and such, and even control Pandora, but I am not receiving my text/email notifications on my Pebble anymore.

I've restarted the watch and phone but still the same issue. Just wondering if I missed some setting somewhere, or need to change something, or if I just chalk it up to the beta.

Yes... "It's a beta" I know :D

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
I had the same issue but after restarting my iPhone, the notifications now work properly.

Really? Huh, I'll have to try again I guess. Thanks.

----------

I had the same issue but after restarting my iPhone, the notifications now work properly.

Ha... Okay, this time after restarting, I sent a test email from a different account, got the notification on my phone, but still not on my watch... But something new came up. My Touch ID turned off by itself, and it erased all my fingerprints, so I need to re-input them. Lame. Back to 7.1.1 I guess :(

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
Thanks for posting this up, Pebble not working would be a deal breaker, so I think I'll have to sit this beta round out.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Thanks for posting this up, Pebble not working would be a deal breaker, so I think I'll have to sit this beta round out.

Yep, that was my reason for switching back to 7.1.1 for now. That and my Touch ID settings randomly disappearing after a restart.

Joeyfraser1978

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Hi,
Under bluetooth settings, select the non LE Pebble watch and activate the notifications!
It was disabled by default.
Thanks

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Hi,
Under bluetooth settings, select the non LE Pebble watch and activate the notifications!
Thanks

Can someone confirm that this solves the issue? I have two iPhones (5c and 5s) and the 5c is running the beta, but the 5s is what I use my Pebble with. I am loving the beta so far on the 5c and would install on the 5s, but I don't want it to break the Pebble functionality.

Joeyfraser1978

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
I confirm that I was lucky for a couple of hours. There is issues with LE Bluetooth connection.
I receive some notifications (sms) but not my emails....

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Hi,
Thanks

This is good to know, thanks! I was still having issues after switching back to 7.1.1 and even after "forgetting" and re-pairing. Checked on the notification thing in Bluetooth settings and it works now. Although the toggle was under the regular device listing, nothing under the LE one for me.

Will keep this in mind when I try out beta 2!

Kubus

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
Montreal, QC
Im getting call notifications but my texts and emails are also not coming in. Notification test in support menu works but otherwise Im not receiving notifications.

There has to be some sort of bluetooth issues. My Knock to Unlock doesn't work with Yosemite and it takes 2-5 minutes for my Bluetooth to pair in my car while it used to take under 10 seconds... A bit frustrating but its a beta.

Joeyfraser1978

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Did you try going into Notification Center and toggling "Show in Notification Center" for email yet?

I receive only my text and call notifications! I did not change any settings in my notification Center. The LE bluetooth issue is probably related to the notifications issues! :/

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Notifications work as expected.

Works for me too... It requires a bit of the old 'finger dance'. For me I had to manually connect the LE connection and then manually turn notification toggle on with the regular bluetooth connection.

Kubus

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
Montreal, QC
It's still being a bit on and off. Rather unpredictable. Reconnecting it makes it stay connected for like an hour and then it disconnects again.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Yea, I'm having the same problems that all of you have described: sometimes notifications, sometimes not. I have given up on my Pebble via bluetooth connection with my iPhone until iOS 8 is released to the public and the notifications actually work. I just wear it as a regular watch for now.

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
Very, very spotty for me (5s). I can get notifications running about 10% of the time, maybe less. If it gets disconnected, then I have to do the finger dance again, which sometimes takes a few tries. I decided just to shelve my Pebble for now.

mxidis88

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
SLC, UT
I had to...

...completely reset my pebble and then reinitiate the connection. notifications are working for me know with beta2

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Today I restored back to 7.1.1 just because of the fact that I was unable to continue on without full Pebble function. I cannot live without my Pebble. Driving is nearly impossible and I never feel my iPhone vibrate in my pocket (I can't turn on the ringer because of disturbing other people that are very easily agitated :p).

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Today I restored back to 7.1.1 just because of the fact that I was unable to continue on without full Pebble function. I cannot live without my Pebble. Driving is nearly impossible and I never feel my iPhone vibrate in my pocket (I can't turn on the ringer because of disturbing other people that are very easily agitated :p).

Might be a little late now, but I was able to get the pebble to work reasonably reliably under iOS 8 by not using the bluetooth LE connection and using the old 'finger dance' style of setting up notifications.

It's certainly not perfect and the finger dance is a pain, but it's working well enough for me that I'm happy while I wait for Apple and/or Pebble to resolve the issues with iOS 8. You can see more details here...

https://forums.getpebble.com/discus...ing-notifications-to-work-with-the-ios-8-beta

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.