Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drew1205

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
I ordered a 128GB Space Gray Plus last night immediately through AT&T, probably one of the first with the first digits of my order # being 10163. I then panicked after seeing the 14-21 business days and said screw that, and kept trying to get Apples Store app to work.

Finally got Apple to work, and placed an order for a 128GB Space Gray Plus and got 7-10 days Oct 1-6th.

About ten mins ago AT&T texted me and told me my order had been canceled as, "You have already upgrade this phone."

My order with Apple is still good to go, hopefully the date of Oct 1-6th gets moved up. :apple:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Oh good have not received the text but cancelled over the phone and ordered via apple. It still shows pending for me on AT&T but this kind of assures me it will be cancelled eventually. Awesome thanks for the info.

Around when did you guys get this text just minutes ago?

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
I think some people thought they didn't have computers at AT&T to automatically identify who's gaming the system... :)

drew1205

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Oh good have not received the text but cancelled over the phone and ordered via apple. It still shows pending for me on AT&T but this kind of assures me it will be cancelled eventually. Awesome thanks for the info.

Around when did you guys get this text just minutes ago?

Yes minutes ago...

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I'm hoping AT&T will do this for me automatically but since I paid full price I doubt it. My order with Apple is set for 9/19 while AT&T's is 11/9-11/27.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wish I would've known this a few hours ago. Excellent that AT&T did this so you don't have to worry about cancellations going through, etc.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Yes minutes ago...

Wooohooo. I can finally get some rest now. I just got the text from them.

Your order has been cancelled. You have already upgraded this phone.

Order from Apple is on cue for a 9/19 delivery date. I was only charged tax unlike the bogus unknown $106 charge AT&T was trying to stick me with. I will never go through them again ever.:mad::D

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I double bought, too. You may get more than one text from AT&T if you ordered through them, but as long as your orders page is good, you're all set.:cool:

----------

I think some people thought they didn't have computers at AT&T to automatically identify who's gaming the system... :)

nah man. The websites were swamped. If you got stuck at an order screen, it would have been simple to order it twice.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Finally! Somebody with brains at AT&T! I'd love to meet the person who thought this was the way to go to shake their hand. They've restored my faith in humanity.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
nah man. The websites were swamped. If you got stuck at an order screen, it would have been simple to order it twice.

Actually I was referring to a common practice over the last few years where buyers ordered from both Apple and AT&T to give themselves a choice upon arrival. :)

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Actually I was referring to a common practice over the last few years where buyers ordered from both Apple and AT&T to give themselves a choice upon arrival. :)
Okay. That makes sense. The system took the better part of a day to catch the double order.

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
This happened to me, only I wanted a Next plan phone, and now I won't be getting one. AT&T cancelled my order, as my backup Apple order went through first. But Apple doesn't process Next orders in NY state, unbeknownst to anyone working at Apple or AT&T.

My plan is to return the Apple order within 14 days, in-store, and ask them to re-sell it to me under the Next plan.

Apple phone support says they don't accept in-store returns on web orders, but I'm hoping I can persuade a manager to make it happen.

brent1977

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Out of curiosity, can any of your say whether your order status on AT&T shows cancelled?

I've tried three times to cancel AT&T order via chat. The first two times, they said it was canceled (even received email saying as much), but status still shows "preparing for shipment".

Last rep I chatted with said it couldn't be canceled and would have to be refused.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
If a lot of people double ordered and AT&T cancels them all out of the line, then would people who only ordered with AT&T and were backordered severely now suddenly find themselves with a phone before October? Maybe even before the OP gets his phone from Apple?

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
Last year I cancelled mine and 16 days later,it appears. YMMV.

Out of curiosity, can any of your say whether your order status on AT&T shows cancelled?

I've tried three times to cancel AT&T order via chat. The first two times, they said it was canceled (even received email saying as much), but status still shows "preparing for shipment".

Last rep I chatted with said it couldn't be canceled and would have to be refused.

Jagar

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2010
This happened to me, only I wanted a Next plan phone, and now I won't be getting one. AT&T cancelled my order, as my backup Apple order went through first. But Apple doesn't process Next orders in NY state, unbeknownst to anyone working at Apple or AT&T.

My plan is to return the Apple order within 14 days, in-store, and ask them to re-sell it to me under the Next plan.

Apple phone support says they don't accept in-store returns on web orders, but I'm hoping I can persuade a manager to make it happen.

You can return to a store according to this:

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

apple.snapple

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
Maybe you guys can help me decide what to do...

At 3:00 AM, Apple.com was down, obviously, so I started to refresh ATT.com. ATT went through at about 3:30 AM and I placed my order. It said 7-10 days, but I figured that was my best shot at getting it at all before Christmas.

All of a sudden, Apple.com went through and I got my "reservation number". After a few more hours, Apple says my reservation is ready to complete checkout. Only problem is, ATT now has my Next upgrade I was planning to use. So, I quickly click "cancel preorder" on ATT.com. I get an email saying "preorder cancel order received". After another 3 hours, I call 611 and ask them to expedite the preorder cancel so I can use the Next upgrade on Apple.com (still says delivery 9/19). The pre order cancel finally goes through and I quickly jump over to Apple.com and get my Next upgrade.

That should be it, right? Nope. I now get an email from ATT.com saying " The recent request to cancel preorder ### for Apple iPhone 6 Plus (16GB Gold) was unsuccessful. " Sure enough, my ATT.com preorder has somehow come back from the dead! Right now, I'm afraid to touch anything until I get my Apple.com order on 9/19. Or should I just wait to see if I somehow got two iPhones with one Next upgrade??

EE4ydoF.jpg

Gt4mXF2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.