Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Good I'm glad. People like you that order 50 iPhones because you want to make sure you get one screws over the other people that want one too.

I ordered a 128GB Space Gray Plus last night immediately through AT&T, probably one of the first with the first digits of my order # being 10163. I then panicked after seeing the 14-21 business days and said screw that, and kept trying to get Apples Store app to work.

Finally got Apple to work, and placed an order for a 128GB Space Gray Plus and got 7-10 days Oct 1-6th.

About ten mins ago AT&T texted me and told me my order had been canceled as, "You have already upgrade this phone."

My order with Apple is still good to go, hopefully the date of Oct 1-6th gets moved up. :apple:

steph280

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Orange County, CA
My situation is exactly the opposite as you guys. Apple just sent me an email saying my 9/19 delivery order has been cancelled since AT&T order already took my eligibility away. So now I am stuck with the October delivery date. Totally pissed!

Odyseey

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I ordered one through AT&T 3am Last Friday. In the morning I had a notification from my Visa card that since it happened during an unusual time they declined it. Got an email from AT&T that My order didnt go through cause my funding source declined it.
Since they were sold out, I placed an order through Apple that went through without any hassles. two days later I finally got to speak to someone at AT&T and explained the situation, he said he is going to cancel the AT&T order right away.
Well today I received an email notification and tracking from Apple that my order has shipped. ten minutes later got a text from AT&T that my order was processed and sent with tracking. Now what?

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I ordered one through AT&T 3am Last Friday. In the morning I had a notification from my Visa card that since it happened during an unusual time they declined it. Got an email from AT&T that My order didnt go through cause my funding source declined it.
Since they were sold out, I placed an order through Apple that went through without any hassles. two days later I finally got to speak to someone at AT&T and explained the situation, he said he is going to cancel the AT&T order right away.
Well today I received an email notification and tracking from Apple that my order has shipped. ten minutes later got a text from AT&T that my order was processed and sent with tracking. Now what?

Exactly the same thing here, it looks like I have an extra phone coming tomorrow that I will need to return.

Odyseey

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I have both of them back on as pending and both at discounted price. I wonder which one will be switched to full price.

Odyseey

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Out of curiosity, can any of your say whether your order status on AT&T shows cancelled?

I've tried three times to cancel AT&T order via chat. The first two times, they said it was canceled (even received email saying as much), but status still shows "preparing for shipment".

Last rep I chatted with said it couldn't be canceled and would have to be refused.

The people in chat will tell you it is cancelled and send you an email but it is NOT cancelled. Mine was cancelled according to them and said Preparing for shipment. Then it shipped.

jespy526

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I'm one of the ones that is apparently getting 2 phones tomorrow too.

So back on 9/12at about noon I went to AT&T (through premier) and ordered and iPhone6 64gb as a contrat upgrade for line#1(estimate of 7-14 days) and a 16gb iPhone+as a contract upgrade for line#2. Original delivery estimates had iPhone6+ shipping in Nov so went back to the premier order status page and clicked the option to cancel item. It said a confirmation email would be sent. Went back to then order an iPhone6 64gb for line#2. The delivery estimate for the line#2 came back as 21-35 days. That didn't work for us as we were going to be away on vacation in that time block so we decided to cancel all orders with AT&T. Went into each individual premier order status page and clicked cancel item.

At that point we logged into Apple.com and ordered iPhone6 64gb for line#1 and iPhone6 64gb for line#2 for store pickup on 9/19.

on 9/13 I received 2 emails from AT&T saying both orders for line#2 (6+ and 6 that we had already requested be cancelled) had been cancelled due to no longer being eligible for upgrade. Quick call to AT&T to confirm reason why and they said Apple tagged the upgrade and it auto cancelled all other orders for line#2. Line#1 order was still showing in system but they said they were super backed up from the system crashing and that it would catch up at some point.

Fast forward to yesterday (9/17) I get an email from AT&T saying line#1 would be receiving iPhone 6 64gb in mail via FedEx 9/19 with tracking# attached.

Now today I just got 2 emails from Apple saying that order of iPhone6 64gb for line#1 and iPhone6 64gb for line#2 are ready for pickup at my local apple store.

----------

Here's a question for everyone. My phone is a contract upgrade and apparently I'm getting one from AT&T and one from Apple.

2 days ago my brother (on family plan with me) ordered his iphone (exact same size, model, color) as a NEXT purchase. Would we be able to call AT&T and have the extra one being sent activated to his line and then cancel his order?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.