Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Don't want a repeat of yesterday's 8.0.1 problems. Is it ok to upgrade to 8.0.2?
Everyone that has - is it working ok? No issues?

Kinda gunshy right now.......:eek:

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
It is, but they didn't fix ANY of the stability issues overall. Notifications still get stuck, control center access on the lock screen of my 6 Plus is still hit and miss. The phone still freezes up if too many notifications come in at once. These problems should have been addressed.

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
It is, but they didn't fix ANY of the stability issues overall. Notifications still get stuck, control center access on the lock screen of my 6 Plus is still hit and miss. The phone still freezes up if too many notifications come in at once. These problems should have been addressed.

I'm sure that's all being worked on. They can work on multiple patches at a time since issues of varying priorities can be discovered at random intervals.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I'm sure that's all being worked on. They can work on multiple patches at a time since issues of varying priorities can be discovered at random intervals.

I'm sure it's being worked on too, but I guess I'm still not used to iOS being an unstable mess when Apple used to be the blueprint for reliability and stability.

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
I love what I saw someone in another thread post...

Don't trust Apple QA, but if a few MacRumors readers say we are good, we should be good to go.

A lot of truth to that! :)

rawrtiger

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2013
Not working for me.

OaDk3uz.jpg

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Just noticed iCloud photo library showed up for me, wasn't there in 8.0 or 8.0.1. Still marked as Beta.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
What do you mean?

Apps will update without actually saying that they're updating. Only when you press the update button will you see the app updating in the App Store (but the update already started before that). The app shouldn't be accessible while updating, and it's a pretty consistent bug that I've seen on my 5s that will let you use an app while its updating. Then I noticed that if that happened the update doesn't complete. And sometimes apps even get stuck in update cycles where it will keep on "updating" and "updating" over and over until you restart or something because it never sticks. Mind you I started as new on my 6 Plus and I've experienced all these bugs on my 5s plus this current phone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apps will update without actually saying that they're updating. Only when you press the update button will you see the app updating in the App Store (but the update already started before that). The app shouldn't be accessible while updating, and it's a pretty consistent bug that I've seen on my 5s that will let you use an app while its updating. Then I noticed that if that happened the update doesn't complete. And sometimes apps even get stuck in update cycles where it will keep on "updating" and "updating" over and over until you restart or something because it never sticks. Mind you I started as new on my 6 Plus and I've experienced all these bugs on my 5s plus this current phone.
Interesting, in a strange way. Haven't come across that on a few different iOS devices I deal with (like iPhone 5 and iPad Mini).

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
IOS 8.0.2 - does it work ok?

Interesting, in a strange way. Haven't come across that on a few different iOS devices I deal with (like iPhone 5 and iPad Mini).

It's really annoying sometimes because you think an app finished updating when it really didn't. I really hope they can iron out the most of these bugs before iOS 8.1 which they typically drop in January or February.

I just miss when they dropped stable software from the jump. Apple's quality control used to be impeccable. It was THE industry pinnacle, now it's expected for things to be rather buggy at first.

Mind you I am a huge Apple fanboy, I am team Apple 100% of the way, but I will call a spade a spade when I see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.