Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I knew it was inevitable but 2 weeks later I have my first scratch. A long curvy one in the oleo phobic coating

Phoboss

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
I knew it was inevitable but 2 weeks later I have my first scratch. A long curvy one in the oleo phobic coating

cool story bro.
I'm sorry but what is the point of all these "my phone got a scratch" and "my phone is bend" threads?!

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
cool story bro.
I'm sorry but what is the point of all these "my phone got a scratch" and "my phone is bend" threads?!

I knew it was inevitable but 2 weeks later I have my first scratch. A long curvy one in the oleo phobic coating.

Anyone else?

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

Attachments

• Picture0003.jpg
    Picture0003.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 91

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2014
I knew it was inevitable but 2 weeks later I have my first scratch. A long curvy one in the oleo phobic coating.

Anyone else?

Sorry to hear you got a scratch.
But seriously, what are you going to do if someone also has one?

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Kinda puts a damper on the posts from anti-screen protector people saying they never run protectors because the screens are scratch proof, doesn't it?

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
Sorry to hear that...

If you don't want to put it in a case, just get a layer of protection with one of the screen protectors or whole coating services out here.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
As long as you're all right, a scratch on a "thing" is way better than an injury to a person ... that's my opinion (same for a new car or whatever) : that doesn't mean I'm happy when I scratch my stuff, but only that you need to give the proper amount of importance to every event that can happen ...

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
how did you manage that?
were you using sand or something? I wasn't able to scratch my iPhone 4 even when i was intentionally scratching it with keys just to show others that it doesn't scratch. AFAIK only sand or some harder material can scratch it so what did you do?
Anyway, don't know what to say, here except that if you work or live around area where you get in contact with materials that can scratch it then why didn't you protect it better? Is that your first iphone? if not then how did you protect the previous ones?

Hope that next time you will be more careful

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I have a little one near the Wi-Fi signal indicator. Not sure how it got there as I'm pretty good with taking care of phones. I haven't had a scratch in previous iPhones

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Kinda puts a damper on the posts from anti-screen protector people saying they never run protectors because the screens are scratch proof, doesn't it?

Not because screens are scratch proof (unless they are made of diamonds) but because some people take care of their phones, and don't put them in a pocked full of keys and other stuff that can potentially scratch the display.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I live in Florida. Sand scratches screens easily. Learned it the hard way.

My wife scratched the aluminum off the 5S badly with sand as well.

TRC-WA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
cool story bro.

I was actually just about to make a thread stating that I've had my phone for 11 days in a Ballistic case with Ghost Armor screen protection and have carried the phone in my pocket and my phone doesn't have a scratch and isn't bent...

That's what I get for investing $60 to protect a $1000 device.

Shame on me.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
poor babyyyyyy u crying????

protect it next time

protect it? What am I supposed to do put it in a safe?

----------

I was actually just about to make a thread stating that I've had my phone for 11 days in a Ballistic case with Ghost Armor screen protection and have carried the phone in my pocket and my phone doesn't have a scratch and isn't bent...

That's what I get for investing $60 to protect a $1000 device.

Shame on me.

Damn, I'd take a hundred scratches over having to use all that ****. I got this phone because it's hella thin.

----------

They really are though, scratch proof. I've had a few phones now with these glass screens and not once have i gotten a visible (like when you look at it or when it's on) scratch. Just these nearly invisible oleophobic coating scratches. You never notice them.

----------

Sorry to hear that...

If you don't want to put it in a case, just get a layer of protection with one of the screen protectors or whole coating services out here.

Screen protectors are nasty. It's in a case.

----------

how did you manage that?
were you using sand or something? I wasn't able to scratch my iPhone 4 even when i was intentionally scratching it with keys just to show others that it doesn't scratch. AFAIK only sand or some harder material can scratch it so what did you do?
Anyway, don't know what to say, here except that if you work or live around area where you get in contact with materials that can scratch it then why didn't you protect it better? Is that your first iphone? if not then how did you protect the previous ones?

Hope that next time you will be more careful

Unless you had a screen protector, chances are your iphone 4 is scratched. Just hold it up to bright light in different angles.
I wiped it with a Tshirt maybe that was it?

I didn't do anything to protect my iPhone 4 and I had that for four years.. nothing happened to it, just microscratches like this one, that you can't actually see under normal use/conditions.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Tru-Protection and PowerSupport make great, high quality screen protectors. It's really the only way to make sure you don't get a scratch.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Tru-Protection and PowerSupport make great, high quality screen protectors. It's really the only way to make sure you don't get a scratch.

I wouldn't use a screen protector they all feel nasty. I've never once gotten a scratch I can actually see on my screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.