I have decided to get a 17in MBP because I want to do development and I feel this gives me the best screen size for development. Although I could go for a 15in MBP and use a monitor, I still want to have sufficient screen size if I am ever on the road. BTW, I think the OSX gives the best flexibility to keep one's options open for development (Java, C, C++, and Windows versions using boot camp or virtualization). My options are 1. Buy a refurbished 17in MBP C2D. Adv. - This will save me significant money and for development purposes there should be sufficient processing power. Disadv. - Old technology, and some memory/drive upgrading will eventually be required 2. Buy a BTO 17in (or refurbished) with i7 processor. (Although the i7 does not give me much more processing power, it maximizes the processing power in light of Sandy Bridge coming shortly) Adv. - Keeps me relatively up-to-date Disadv. - Cost 3. Wait for the the upgrades rumoured to be in April of 2011. Adv. - Keeps me up-to-date. Unknown what other advantages are with the new MBP, but presumably some. Disadv. - Cost and have to wait. I have reviewed macrumours over the last year. I know the "if you need it now buy it now" maxim. I also am aware that Sandy Bridge has some advantages over the old processors, although not necessarily enough to warrant waiting. Any comments on what I should do?