17inch back pack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 4fingered, Aug 13, 2008.

1. 4fingered macrumors member

Since Back pack questions keep comming up I figured I'd ask another. what back packs do you guys have that can fit the 17 inch MBP. I plan on getting it when/if they do the new revision and I would like a backpack that I can throw it in and take it around with me.

2. tecknical macrumors regular

there's a thread about this. the top 2 choices seem to be the incase backback and the swiss gear backback, both available from the apple store

3. 4fingered thread starter macrumors member

4. Feller macrumors newbie

I just bought a Targus Backback at Worst Buy for 49.99 lots of space at a great price. I think it was on sale though so you may want to check on that.

5. waywardsage macrumors 6502

waywardsage

I own the 17" booq backpack. It's quite compact and I really like it. It's a bit pricey though. Check it out. They have really good build quality.

6. devman macrumors 65816

devman

I've owned several backpacks (including targus and crumpler) and I travel extensively (so I use them all the time). The best BY FAR (IMHO) is the Tom Binh backpack with its various inserts (brain cell, etc.).

7. bplein macrumors 6502

bplein

I bought the Swiss Gear from the apple.com store. I am very happy with it. It's been very durable and has places for business cards and the like that I've found very useful.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have a Victorinox backpack, but the built-in sleeve does not fit the MBP--I removed the sleeve and use a InCase sleeve instead.

9. 4fingered thread starter macrumors member

thanks for all the posts. I think I'll be going with the incase one on the apple store. I like the look and it's cost. That brain cell thing though sure looks good but maybe a bit too hard core for how often I'll use it.

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I've used my STM Loop for the past year and a half now. It is water proof and still looks new. Very spacious and has the hard cover insert for the laptop department, which is also water resistant. The insert provides enough room for my MacBook Pro with the Incase Hardshell case and the Incase notebook sleeve...