18-watt USB C power adapter vs USB power adapter

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
1. 18 watt usb c power adapter - using usb c to lighting cable

2. 18 watt normal usb power adapter - using normal cable that came with the iphone

same wattage, will one be faster than another?

can the usb c to lighting cable deliver more "wattage" to the iphone?

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
#1 will charge faster on fast charge phones, but if you want truly fast charging you should find a 30W USB C power adapter to go with your USB C to lightning cable.

rybitron

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2015
#1 will charge faster on fast charge phones, but if you want truly fast charging you should find a 30W USB C power adapter to go with your USB C to lightning cable.
Does anyone remember the story from a couple of months ago that said Apple was in the process of certifying 3rd party organizations to license the usb-c to lighting cable? I thought they were supposed to start coming out in January, but I believe apple is still the only place to get a usb-c to lightning.

When will MFi usb-c power cords come out?

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
Does anyone remember the story from a couple of months ago that said Apple was in the process of certifying 3rd party organizations to license the usb-c to lighting cable? I thought they were supposed to start coming out in January, but I believe apple is still the only place to get a usb-c to lightning.

When will MFi usb-c power cords come out?
I think Anker is releasing one in March. Other than that I think Apple sells the only one I would touch right now.

rybitron

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2015
I think Anker is releasing one in March. Other than that I think Apple sells the only one I would touch right now.
Right, the official apple version is the only version of the cord certified to work with iphones. I was hoping MFi USB-c to lightning would be out soon. Do you know for sure if Anker is working on a MFi USB-c to lightning cable?