Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phero

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2013
Hi,

I've upgraded my MBA to Yosemite today, and I've noticed this little annoying bug. I'm wondering if everyone has this, or if it's just me.

When running on battery and using a bluetooth mouse, the mouse will stutter occasionally.

The easiest way to reproduce this is by leaving the mouse in a spot for 3 full seconds, and then starting movement again (while on batterypower). The movement will not start for about a half a second, and then stutterjump to the current location.

Can anyone confirm this bug? Else I'll do a fresh install to see if it's upgrading that caused it.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
Hi,

I've upgraded my MBA to Yosemite today, and I've noticed this little annoying bug. I'm wondering if everyone has this, or if it's just me.

When running on battery and using a bluetooth mouse, the mouse will stutter occasionally.

The easiest way to reproduce this is by leaving the mouse in a spot for 3 full seconds, and then starting movement again (while on batterypower). The movement will not start for about a half a second, and then stutterjump to the current location.

Can anyone confirm this bug? Else I'll do a fresh install to see if it's upgrading that caused it.

My Razer Orochi 2013 Bluetooth mouse is working fine. I've not encountered any bugs at all with the mouse in either the beta or the public release. Might be low batteries or the mouse itself? If it works fine on other computers, I'm guessing a clean install might fix the issue.

phero

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2013
I've reproduced the bug on my dads rMBP 15. It has a different mouse. Both mice have full batteries and are from Logitech. Also tested a Magic Mouse, same problem.

The effect is subtle but definitely noticeable. Again, only happens when running on battery.

Last edited:

Event3r

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Have the same bug since beta 5 with my magic mouse and logitech m557

----------

I've reproduced the bug on my dads rMBP 15. It has a different mouse. Both mice have full batteries and are from Logitech. Also tested a Magic Mouse, same problem.

The effect is subtle but definitely noticeable. Again, only happens when running on battery.

What happens if you open the bluetooth window in system settings?

Is ur mouse then running fine?

Cythth

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2013
Lake Jackson, TX
I have the same issue with the Apple Trackpad. Usually when I physically move it to a new location, it seems to go away. I'm just grasping at straws here, but I think that since the new Yosemite uses Bluetooth more for handoff/continuity, it somehow affects performance with the mouse/trackpad.

Event3r

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
I have the same issue with the Apple Trackpad. Usually when I physically move it to a new location, it seems to go away. I'm just grasping at straws here, but I think that since the new Yosemite uses Bluetooth more for handoff/continuity, it somehow affects performance with the mouse/trackpad.

But when I connect my mbp to magsafe2 everything is fine... The problem occours on in battery mode

phero

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2013
Alright, so this seems like a common bug. Good to know.

----------

Have the same bug since beta 5 with my magic mouse and logitech m557

----------

What happens if you open the bluetooth window in system settings?

Is ur mouse then running fine?

Just tested. Yeah, the bug disappears when the BT preferences window is in focus, but reappears when I start doing something else. Funny.

jmastorga

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
I have exactly the same problem on two macbook pro 9.2. The problem appears only when used with battery.

Marcohildebrand

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014
Since upgrading to Yosemite my Apple magic mouse no longer works.

The mouse worked intermittently with jerky pointer movements and I kept getting bluetooth connected/connection lost messages on the screen.

So I replaced the batteries no improvement then I deleted the connection and now the mouse cannot be found.

It worked perfectly before the upgrade, I have a Macbook pro retina late 2013

anlu4433

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
Hi,

I confirm this with Magic Touchpad.
Hadn't noticed that it only occurs when on battery power.

So frustrating and non-acceptable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.