1899 for a 15in 2.8 MBP ending Jan 30th, buy or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Vyruz Reaper, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Vyruz Reaper macrumors regular

Its me again. lol

1899 for the 2.8 MBP is ending on Jan 30th. I have then to decide. Most likely the price wont be this low again(i think) for a brand new unit. If the new MBP come out maybe in the refurb store, but I kinda wanna buy brand new. A little over budget but i can manage. I can probably go another few weeks without a laptop, but I dont want to pass up on this deal, and then end up buying a lower model a the same price.

So, buy or pass? Is it really that good of a deal for 1899? Please refrain from the buy now if you need or wait if you dont. I need to by NOW. is it worth gambling on waiting for the new update for a few more weeks worth passing up on this deal? I have waited 2 months so far so its becoming a personal goal just to wait it out but unfortunalty i cant go on too much further.

thanks guys

2. BlasphemyCool macrumors newbie

I'd buy it for sure.

It has 500GB, 2.8GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 512MB Graphics Card, Aluminum Body and Mac 10.6. This will improve within two years, but not for the next update.

(1) 1TB drives are too expensive to apply to Macbooks. 500GB is top.
    (2) i5 and i7s are too preliminary. Currently, Core 2 Duos are better.
    (3) 2.8 GHz is as good as it gets 3.06 GHz is highest, but doesn't change much.
    (4) They could upgrade graphics cards to ATI, but chances are low.
    (5) Small chance Mac 10.7 will come out with updated Macs, but I foresee its release in late 2010-2011.
    (6) Might improve to 6GB Ram.
    (7) Aluminum body is the best it can be, unless they switch to a stronger material. They might change the aesthetics a bit, but nothing too major.

Buy it for $400 off! Am I too late?

3. spierce7 macrumors newbie

I'm about to sell one exactly like that only it has the upgraded screen for $1700. It's been used for like 12 days, and was purchased dec 8th as a Christmas gift.

4. ericbarbaglia macrumors newbie