19160 error streaming video

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jiggy1965, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Jiggy1965 macrumors newbie

I've got an Intel Mac with the latest flip4mac and quicktime. When I try to watch streaming media videos they never play. Instead I always get a white movie object and when I push the play button it says "-19160 error" on its status bar. Anyone knows what that means?

I'm using an Intel G4 Powermac OSX 10.4.11 with Flip4Mac 2.2.1.11 and Quicktime 7.5 installed.
    This is what I'm getting:
    [​IMG]
    when I'm trying to watch this video:
    Player omroep.nl

Specs:
    Modelnaam: mac pro
    Model: MacPro1,1
    Processor: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number of processors: 2
    Number of cores: 4
    L2-cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus speed: 1.33 GHz
    Rom version: MP11.005C.B04
    SMC-version: 1.7f8

2. Toniola macrumors member

I'd first ask if you could post the link for this video, and we/I can see if it will stream on any other Macs. Secondly, I will say that there *are* plenty of wmv files out there that do not comply with the wmv standard. These content providers create their wmv with non-supported codecs. In this case, the only hope is that these people will decide to reconfigure their content to make them standard wmv compatible.
    Third, I will offer up the utility that the F4M team came up with for streaming video <a href="http://www.flip4mac.com/support_csm_readme.htm">HERE</a>. I don't necessarily think this will work, but it's a good tool to have.

3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

I can see it fine here, fwiw.

4. Toniola macrumors member

oops..I missed that link. Anyway, it *does* play fine on my Powerbook, running Tiger and Flip4Mac. I might also suggest to the original poster to try a little test; create a new, Admin enabled, User account. Install F4M there, and try the link again. You can always delete the account later. If it works, it could be a good clue to finding out what's going on.