1920x monitor, what do I need?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jayflat, May 27, 2010.

1. jayflat macrumors newbie

I have a macbook ca late 2007, and a 24" screen which runs at 1920 x 1080.

I recently bought a mini dvi -> dvi adapter, and was just going to buy a DVI-D cable (to plug it into the monitor) when I noticed that the cable said it is only capable of handling resolutions of up to 1600 :eek:

Do I need a special cable? Do I have the right adapter? Or is there no way to drive a 1920x1080 display with my macbook (which would seem strange since my old dell from 2004 runs it fine)...

Thanks for your help!!!

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Any standard DVI cable should be fine. It's digital... so the cable should have no signal loss. You just need to make sure your video card is capable of powering that external resolution, and I THINK yours is. But check the specs.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

i had connected my mac mini g4 to my tv which had a hdmi port and it could display 1920x1080 without any prob

but the minis with intel work different for some resolutions you need to use the mini display port for others the mini dvi , not sure which one for which now
    just check the speck i'm not sure but the mini dvi cant do what what mini display port can do