1920x1080 option gone from resolution list?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Melan, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Melan, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

Melan macrumors regular

Hi all. I got an 23" external display I use 1920x1080 resolution on. Earlier today my screen resolution looked weird and now i can't find the 1920x1080 option in the list anymore. It's in 1920x1440 and there doesn't appear to be the option for my old resolution anymore. Any idea where it could have got to? All the other resolutions look wrong and kinda hurt my eyes.

Please help! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. MallCop macrumors 6502

Did you change the kind of input cable you were using? Like did you go from HDMI to something else?

3. Melan thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't, I'm still on DVI. I tried everything before deciding to give the display a 'rest' in that superstitious way that users end up solving problems, and it's fixed now! Weird. I guess something was up with the pins?

4. MallCop macrumors 6502

Maybe there was some dirt or something on the pins that kept them form connecting properly. Glad you got it working.

5. Melan thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm this problem has recurred, I got the same wrong resolution again. Do you think I'm right in assuming this is either a problem with the VGA cable, the mac converter cable or the monitor itself?

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Well, which are you using? DVI or VGA?