Resolved 1920x1080 problem - external monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bex91, Dec 27, 2012.

1. bex91, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

bex91 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, I hope it's the first of many. :)

Well, I've been using my Macbook Pro 13' for 6 months now, everything running smoothly.

I bought an external monitor today ( http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VE247H/ ) and connected to it through a VGA cable, but I can't get it to work properly with a 1920x1080 resolution.

There's always a black bar in the left side of the screen. It doesn't make any difference to the OS windows and resolution, but it's wasted space and I expect there is some way to correct this.

Another problem is that I can easily see black bars across the whole screen, specially with a dark blackground. Again, it doesn't affect the resolution but it's uncomfortable to watch.

I've searched the internet and maybe the problem can be with the VGA. Do you think a DVI cable will solve this problem? I bought the VGA adapter and I'm kinda reluctant to spend another 30$ in a similar device, so if I could continue to use the VGA cable it would be nice.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for your attention!

2. ultra7k macrumors 6502

ultra7k

Never used an ASUS monitor, but the spec sheet on the site says it has an adjustable aspect control?

Maybe you are stuck on 4:3 as opposed to 16:9 ?

trying going through the menus and see if you can force it to 16:9, if it is indeed stuck on 4:3.

3. bex91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved with a DVI. I could't do anything regarding the aspect control, so I just bought the adapter and now everything is fine.

Thanks anyway. :)