1920x1080 Screen Resolution on 2007 Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zakfox1986, Jul 29, 2009.

1. zakfox1986 macrumors member

I'm about to purchase the HP 23.3 inch HDMI LCD monitor for my 2.0 GhZ 3GB RAM Macbook. I'm going to connect it using a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter, then connect a DVI to HDMI connector.

The resolution on the monitor is 1920 by 1080 and the resolution on my Macbook is 1920 by 1200. Will the Macbook automatically adjust to 1080 or will there be some stretching or otherwise bad quality to accommodate the difference?

I don't have to have the latest and greatest technology, but I do want something that will look nice. I really like the HP monitors for the money and was hoping to get something around this size. I just want to make sure this isn't going to screw up the resolution or anything.

Here's the monitor I plan on purchasing: http://www.staples.com/office/suppl...or_277097_Business_Supplies_10051_true_SEARCH

2. zakfox1986 thread starter macrumors member

Alrighty...I went ahead and got the monitor. It took some tweaking, but I got everything running perfectly. It does take a bit of work to get the Macbook to export to 1080p, but it is completely possible. If anyone has any questions about how to do this, just shoot me a message. I'll be glad to try to explain it. :cool: