Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_9_icon.jpg
Earlier this week, Apple seeded the first beta of iOS 9.2 to developers, just under a week after the public release of iOS 9.1. As of today, Apple is also making iOS 9.2 available to its public beta testers.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 9.2 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas. Because iOS 9.1 was just released, it will likely be a month or more before we see the public release of iOS 9.2.

iOS 9.2 fixes several bugs in the operating system and it includes other under-the-hood enhancements. According to the release notes for the first beta, the Safari View Controller (the view of Safari you see within apps) is being updated with support for third-party Action Extensions that will let it more closely mirror the Safari app. It also includes options to reload content and request a desktop site, as in Safari.

Article Link: Apple Releases First iOS 9.2 Beta for Public Beta Testers

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Edit: Apparently can't post Apple emoji on MR forum. *Disappoint* (was trying to write something out in emoji to celebrate leaving 9.1)

Reactions: drumcat

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
He's not saying it's not there. He's saying it often just reloads the mobile site again. I've had the same issue.
Seems like first part of the post mentions "isn't available in 9.1" which fairly directly refers to it not being there.

As for the second part of it not working well, as I mentioned also, in my experience it's working no better or worse than how it worked before.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I've always hated opening up links within the Facebook app. The built in browser always seemed extremely sluggish. I hope the fb app implements the in app safari browser option.

Tweetbot uses it and I like jt

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Request Desktop Site isn't available in 9.1. Also it never works anyway

My safari has been stuck with an iPad user agent for about 3 generations now. That setting apparently follows over from a jailbroken phone if you restore from a backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.