Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
20 years after it was released, I finally watched Tin Cup. The climatic scene was so improbable, so false, that it killed the movie for me.
Kevin Costner hits a perfect golf shot and lands a 3-wood about three feet from the hole. It rolls about 18 inches closer to the hole, before inexplicably rolling backward, off the green and into the lake. The problem is that shot rolling to the hole ... 18 inches away ... would never turn around and roll the other direction.
Now it's obvious that I take my golf a little too seriously, but it baffles me why anyone would make a movie where the climatic moment simply couldn't unfold in the manner they portray. Anyway, it killed that movie for me.

If you have another example of a movie ending, climax, or scene that left you shaking your head and killed the movie for you, feel free to share the agony.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Josh Brolin in No Country For Old Men.

Ending to Easy Rider was a highlight to 90% of it being a boring film. I preferred Midnight Cowboy.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I know there is/are movie(s) I've hated, based on a book(s) I love, but the title(s) eludes me. Let me think about it. :oops:

Update: Oh I remember, Daredevil (2003) sucked, not just the ending, the whole thing. The Cat In The Hat and How The Gringch Stole Christmas were truly hideous. Howard The Duck? The Time Machine (2002). :D

Last edited:

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
The conclusions to The Hangover 1 & 2.

Same rehashed story except in different countries. Same premise of hangover amnesia. How is it possible for it to happen twice with the same three people while others like Mr. Chow in Part II remembered it? Same ending. Looking for a friend who was close by the entire time! Their buddy is on top of a building or the bride's bro is stuck inside a elevator! Give me a frickin' break.

I loved The Hangover (2009) the first time I saw it on opening day with my brother. I was all praises on Facebook when I was still using it. But man, it really is an overrated comedy. It gets worse after more viewings. No likeable characters except Mr. Chow and Alan and both are annoying. And the sequels all suck compared to the og.

I also didn't like Fight Club after the reveal and they went terrorist-style. And the ending to The Usual Suspects feels like everything is a dream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.