1980s Apple Floppy Disk Organizer?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by billjord, Jan 20, 2014.

1. billjord macrumors newbie

I have a wooden box with a painted apple logo on the front that I have been trying to identify for months. It has grooves inside that look like they were for dividers. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I saw a very similar box in the "Post your Apple/Mac Collection" Thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18099068&postcount=406 Can anyone point me in the right direction to learning more about it or what it is, if not an organizer? My Google skills have failed me on this one.

Thank you for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Macintosh Plus floppy organizer? This was all I could find, the pictures wont show up full size for me but the thumbs are still there. It was on eBay!

3. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Looks about right, is the top of the case the same?

Attached Files:

4. tdiaz macrumors 6502

I've got a couple of those here, and have seen them not labeled "Macintosh Plus", as well.

I want to say they were in the Apple Catalog in the late 1980's.

I could probably laser cut a replacement divider set.

5. billjord thread starter macrumors newbie

Fantastic! Thank you guys so much! As tdiaz mentions, this one does not have the "Macintosh Plus" label on the top and the hinges are slightly different. But now I know what to call this thing :) As an (very) amateur woodworker, I was very impressed with the dovetail on the sides -- the wife and I were half wondering if this was something home built.

Thanks again for your help!

[​IMG]