Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced that its first retail store in the New York City borough of Brooklyn opens on Saturday, July 30 at 10:00 a.m. local time. As rumored since late 2014, the store will be located at 247 Bedford Avenue in the Williamsburg neighborhood. The store hours are 10am-8pm on Monday-Saturday and 11am-7pm on Sunday.

Brooklyn-Apple-opening.jpg
Apple is nearly finished renovations at 247 Bedford Avenue (Thanks, Matthew!)

Apple has been renovating the building, situated at the corner of North 3rd Street, since earlier in 2015, and it posted retail job listings for the store in May. The location will mark Apple's 9th store in New York City alongside six locations in Manhattan, one in Queens, and one on Staten Island.

Article Link: Apple's First Retail Store in Brooklyn Opens July 30

Last edited:

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong... does Apple released new Apple product (example - rMBP upped specs, etc.) each time new store opened?

mzeb

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this be the 10th store? 7 in manhattan, one in queens, one in staten island plus this new one would be 10...

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong... does Apple released new Apple product (example - rMBP upped specs, etc.) each time new store opened?

Nope, sorry.

That would be good, though. About 30 new Apple Stores launch per year. There'd be quite a few updates! Might even make some of the MR forum users happy.

Well, excluding a select few (you know who I'm looking at) ;)

Reactions: HenryDJP

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this be the 10th store? 7 in manhattan, one in queens, one in staten island plus this new one would be 10...
My mistake. There are six stores in Manhattan, so it is indeed the 9th store in NYC. The seventh store in Manhattan will be at the World Trade Center shopping hub, but it opens later this year. I'm clearly getting ahead of myself! Corrected & thanks.

Reactions: macs4nw

JonJD

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2016
I hear Brooklyn's a pretty dodgy area.

Wonder if Apple will up the security.

Brooklyn has roughly the same population as Chicago--it's more like a large city with distinct neighborhoods. Williamsburg at this point is basically a gentrified Disneyland with some of the highest rents in the city--there aren't many areas less dodgy than this one.

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
Brooklyn has roughly the same population as Chicago--it's more like a large city with distinct neighborhoods. Williamsburg at this point is basically a gentrified Disneyland with some of the highest rents in the city--there aren't many areas less dodgy than this one.

Oh, okay. Maybe I was thinking of the Bronx.

Reactions: Dopestar

lyutin

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY

That's a false assumption. This area of Brooklyn is actually very hip, and pricey may I add. Rent can be anywhere from 2K for studio to 3-4K a month for 1-2 bedroom. Wish they opened up something in south bk.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
My mistake. There are six stores in Manhattan, so it is indeed the 9th store in NYC. The seventh store in Manhattan will be at the World Trade Center shopping hub, but it opens later this year. I'm clearly getting ahead of myself! Corrected & thanks.

Brooklyn isn't NYC.

I'm excited for the WTC to open, as it will be close to my office.

Junior117

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Canada
So many Apple Stores in New York...

I'm not complaining; I understand why it gets so many of them (it's a large city; what do you expect?). I just wish that Toronto had more of the same treatment. :(

Oh well.

mikefj2004

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

You have heard wrong. Brooklyn is a very safe area. I was born and raised here in Brooklyn. In the 80's and early to mid 90's it was pretty bad, similar to what Westminster and Islington is today. However, it's by far the best borough to live in outside of Manhattan and is the most preferred borough overall.

On another note, this is just great...more hippies in my neighborhood. Dreadful, just dreadful

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Certain parts, but Williamsburg (where this store is) is safer, nicer, and higher rent than many neighborhoods in Manhattan.

And to all of those saying Brooklyn is not NYC, you have no idea what you're talking about. The only borough that anyone would even think to say is not part of the city is Staten Island ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.