19th september

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Starsky72, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Starsky72 macrumors newbie

According to Fox News that's the date they expect the new iMac to be available, exciting eh

2. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

'Imminent' is very ambiguous especially in the tech world. It's a nice reassurance that they are indeed coming but don't hold your breath for next week.

3. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

News from Faux News, oh yeah that is exciting stuff alright. Well, maybe not exciting but often entertaining.

4. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Clayton Morris has some clout. Don't disregard him based on his political views.

5. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

It doesn't say sep 19 anywhere on that article where are you getting this info from?

6. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

Curiously, a big store here has 10% off on Apple computers...lasting until the 18th of September.

7. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

8. Starsky72 thread starter macrumors newbie

also this "stock availability" picture seemed to indicate the 19th

[​IMG]

9. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

They would not release it before the 22nd. The back to school event ends the 21st.

10. ds82 macrumors member

Releasing an iMac between iPhone5 announcement and iPhone5 release date? I can't imagine that ...

11. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

I'm sad to say those shipping dates don't mean much some of my shipping dates were sep 12 and now for some store they are back on full stock. So sep 19 be a really bad date in terms of marketing. The fox reporter also said not sep anyways so I don't why you say "according to the article sep19 is the date" no is not it doesn't say it anywhere. Look where wishful thinking is getting us guys

12. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Sweet...I don't see much of an indication that it'll be released the 19th specifically, but I too live in Colorado. Good state.

13. monoskier macrumors regular

Not to be a buzz kill, but the same query for stock iMacs in 80210 (same stores) has immediate availability.

I'm Guessing you used CTO. CTO arrival dates seem to be 7-8 business days away (3 business days for CTO + 4-5 business days for shipping.) There's your 19th.

IMO the in store availability will only going to give an accurate picture of a refresh once the stock versions slip to a certain date across all apple stores.

So, yeah, right now them showing the 19th unfortunately doesn't mean anything.

14. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

to help the buzz a bit -received an email from apple today --

Pick up a Mac or the new iPad by 9/21. Get a gift card for apps.

The Gift Card offer ends on the 21st....

15. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Lol that has nothing to do with new iMacs or anything related to new products. Its just a reminder that the back to school offer is ending soon.