1G for 2G exchange...need creative ideas!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Techhie, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

So, about 6 Months or so ago I got an 8 GB iPod touch from Best Buy. When the 2G one first came out, I was one of those people who "had to have it", so I purposely bricked my iPod and successfully got an exchange for another 1G from the Apple store. What I want to know is, is there any other way to get a trade up like this? I'm not sure if Apple will give me a a 2G one even if they are out of stock (like I would hope) if I brick it again. Best Buy keeps telling me to go to Apple, so I don't know where to turn.

I don't want to sell it, because I told my mom I wouldn't specifically when she bought it for me. Any ideas?

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

How about not trying to scam apple and just save money to get an iPod. Also there has never been an instance of a bricked iPod touch, so your out of luck trying to brick it.

3. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Brick means to screw something up so it's as good/useless as a brick.

4. Techhie thread starter macrumors 65816

Techhie

By "bricking" it I meant that I used a jailbreaking app to install iPhone firmware on it, making the battery and logic board's required software to run corrupted. The iPhone firmware is looking for a phone battery and parts, thus it doesn't turn on and is recognized only in DFU mode (sometimes) as an iPhone.

Voila, une Brick! =)

The only way to undo this is to use another jailbreaking app to reinstall the right stuff on it, because it isn't possible to do that in iTunes for some reason.

Does anyone know if they will give me the new one if they are out of stock of the old?

5. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Well if the iPod is in warrenty then get an appointment set up and take it to an apple store if they can't fix it they probably will give you a new one. They might have 1g's in the back and they might not. So all I will say is do whatever you want with it.

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Well... THAT'S morally disgusting.

7. Techhie thread starter macrumors 65816

Techhie

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Wow you're a low life.
    Anyway, scamming Apple on this forum is really frowned upon, especially since many of us here are stock holders/enthusiasts. There is no one here who is going to help you.

Having said that: There is no way to trade up, Apple won't give you a newer version of any product, even if it's their fault that the product failed. They'll just give you another iPod touch.

9. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I do not try to scam a company because you had to have the latest and greatest, if you wanted to have the latest you should have found out when the new ones would come out and wait ( every sep for ipods ). Macrumors even has a guide wether it's safe to buy, in the middle of it's product cycle, or updates soon, wait to buy.

10. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

How about stop being a scammer and a thief? You're essentially committing fraud. This is what is wrong with the world today. The sense of entitlement to everything when you deserve nothing. You want it, buy it. What's next? You're going to burn down the house to get money from insurance company for a new one?

11. bushy180 macrumors newbie

here's a creative idea for you...................If you want it that bad go out and earn some money to pay for it - wash some cars, sweep some leaves, walk some dogs, do some shopping for local oap's!!!

So you lie to your mum, openly admit to fraud, what else???..........What an utter low life scum bag you really are...........I bet you download all your albums, dvd's, games etc illegally too and think that’s all right!!!

As somebody else has said this is why the youth of today have such a bad name........you want it all but are not prepared to work for it, just happy to beg fraud and steal it from somebody else.

12. Kwats macrumors member

not going to lie this is lame and dont tell me oh im a kid im 16 and i have what i want and no my parents dont give it to me its called a job dont scam just get it fair then you can keep them both.

13. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

14. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Sure, I suggest you call Apple and admit your replacement scam, beg their forgiveness and see if they can't get you your old Touch back. They probably won't but at least you'd have grown a set.

15. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Sure. Crack the screen with a hammer and go to an Apple store and tell them that you dropped it. They will give you a new one no questions asked.

16. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sorry, we do not permit the forums to be used to ask for assistance with committing fraud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.