1G iPhone shows wrong time

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by momsey, Jan 8, 2010.

1. momsey macrumors newbie

I have one of the original iPhones. It has been working great, despite having taken a dip in the toilet.

However, for the past week, randomly, it will display the wrong time. For instance, right now, it's 12:19 pm. My phone says 11:42 am. It's always pretty close to the actual time, so it's not a time zone issue. It is sometimes right, too.

It's not a big deal, of course, but I was used to relying on my iPhone for an accurate time unlike my watch, which has a battery that can die without me knowing it. I use it as an alarm clock, but I've learned not to trust the time when I wake up.

Just wondering what the heck is going on with it? Anyone have a similar experience?

I've noticed other odd things, like voice mails not showing up for a good amount of time after the phone call is received, text messages seeming to be delayed, and difficulty finding wifi connections.

Just getting old or what? Me and the phone?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The dip damaged the internals and over time it'll just get worst.

3. momsey thread starter macrumors newbie

Really?!? That makes me sad. I was so proud of how well it bounced back from getting dunked in the bowl by my son.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

5. amitsnv macrumors newbie

You can do one thing just go to settings, general, date & time,

see what time zone you are, put right time zone there.

still no work look try set automatically to off

see what settings are there and/or put time in manually.

Or change the Time Zone.

Hope this may help you in getting the correct time.